Sola Jerez is a limited edition released to mark the 3rd anniversary of De Molenberg Distillery.
This edition is a special blend of our first own distillates from 2010 (33%) and the different sample distillates that were produced in 2007 before the start-up of our own distillery (67%), both only (Sola) with a wood-finish in Oloroso sherry (Jerez) butts.
The spirit from these first sample distillates was kept in our maturation chambers for more than 9 years in First Fill Bourbon casks (6 years) followed by a long finish in Oloroso sherry butts (3 years). This sun-drenched whisky combines the best tastes of Spain: slightly sweet fruity hints of apricot, orange, figs and raisins evolving towards a spicy taste sensation with warm woody touches that linger.
- Belgian Single Malt Whisky
- De Molenberg Distillery (Blaasveld, Belgium) - 3rd Anniversary Edition
- - First distillates De Molenberg Distillery 2010 (33%): Oloroso sherry butts
- Sample distillates 2007 (67%): 1st Fill Bourbon casks (6 years) – Oloroso sherry butts (3 years)
- Slightly sweet fruity hints of apricot, orange, figs and raisins
- Serve with a drop of pure, chilled water